Don’t wait until your roof springs a leak!
You don’t have to wait until your roof starts to leak to find out you need a roof replacement. There are many signs that your roof might be on its way out. By knowing the signs and frequently checking your home for problems, you can get ahead of your roof – meaning that you might be able to have your roof replaced before dealing with the hassle of a leak.
Check out the signs below, and if you think you might need your roof replaced, call us today!
- Believe it or not, the first place to check isn’t the outside of your home, but the attic, or highest point of your home if you don’t have one. Be sure to take notice of any light coming in through the roof, as it signals a problem.
- Check to see when the last time the roof was completely replaced. A typical asphalt shingle roof lasts for 20-25 years before needing to be replaced. Metal roofs last longer on average.
- If your roof is comprised of shingles, check for damage periodically, especially following a storm. Shingles should lie flat against the roof. If you see cracks or buckling, call a roofing contractor for repairs. While you’re up there, be sure to also check the gutters for any shingle granules.
- If there is a chimney or skylight on your roof, flashing is used to seal the roof. Like the shingles, the flashing must be periodically inspected for damage as well. If you notice any cracking or breaking, give us a call.
- Moisture damage can lead to mold growth and rotting boards, both of which means trouble for your roof. Check the roof for signs of moisture, mold, or rotting, especially at the low points. Moss can be cleaned using a stiff brush, but the underlying cause of the mold growth must still be dealt with
If you notice any signs of damage on your roof, or if you need some help determining if what you’re seeing is a cause for concern, call Everest Siding and Windows today. We serve all of Greater Houston.