If you see these signs, it’s time for a new roof!
It’s no secret that sooner or later, you’ll need to replace your roof. However, even though you know that no roof lasts forever, it can be tricky to tell whether now is the time for a replacement or if the roof can be salvaged with repairs. Since a whole roof is a large investment, we’ve listed some signs to look for when deciding whether to invest in a new roof.
- Age: If your home was built more than 20 years ago and has had the same roof since the beginning, it’s definitely time to replace it. Any roof will age over time, especially in an area with harsh weather conditions, but the roof’s age can give a lot away.
- Neighbors: If you’re unsure when your roof was placed, look out for neighboring homes that are replacing their roofs. Most developments were created at or around the same time, which means their roofs are aging at the same rate. Plus, all homes in the neighborhood would be subject to the same weather.
- Missing or Curling Shingles: If you take a closer look at your roof and notice shingles are missing or existing ones are curling or buckling, it may be time for a new roof.
- Dark Spots: After some time, algae can form on a roof and create dark spots. They’re unsightly and a sign that your roof is starting to pass its life expectancy.
- Leaking: The most obvious sign, leaks are ultimately an indicator of damage or cracking on your roof. In some cases, leaks mean the roof valley is compromised and allowing moisture to come into the home, which can cause more significant damage.
- Overall Appearance: Some aging roofs have a look to them that shows their age. If the color has faded and there are noticeable cracks and missing shingles, you’ll want to replace your roof.
Having a durable roof is essential to the overall function and protection of your home, which is why it’s so important to monitor the status of your roof. If you suspect you need a new roof, you’ll want to call Everest Siding and Windows today. We can transform the look of your home with a replacement roof, which will also boost your curb appeal. Contact us today to get started.