Are you thinking about changing the color of your home? Maybe your current siding has seen better days? Changing the look of your home can be exciting, but also overwhelming. With an entire scheme of colors to choose from, selecting just one to be on your home for the foreseeable future can be a hard decision to make. Not only does the color of your home set the entire tone, it affects the way you feel and showcases your personality.
When you choose the new color scheme for your home, you’ll want to consider a few different things:
- Color Wheel- Do you want analogous (colors right next to each other on the color wheel) or complementary (colors opposite on the wheel) colors?
- Warm or Cool- Depending on what tone you want for your home, this is an excellent way of narrowing down the options. Reds, yellows, and oranges are considered warm, while blues, purples, and greens are cool.
- Number of color options- Do you have shutters, a garage, or a porch/ deck that you plan on coordinating with the siding color? If you like the existing color of those, choosing the siding based on those colors makes it easier.
- Trim Color- Do you have a lighter or darker trim color that you want to complement the siding?
- Neighborhood/ Environment- Do you want to stand out or coordinate with the rest of the neighborhood? Maybe you’re looking for the color to look good with the foliage/environment.
It may seem like a lot to choose the color of your home, but it really comes down to what draws you in more. Consider what types of colors attract you most on other homes or in general. If you struggle to choose your colors, you could also benefit from a free color consultation with a color specialist through our partnership with Sherwin Williams.
We’re here to help!
Whether you choose LP SmartSide or HardiePlank siding, Everest Siding and Windows is here to help! Give us a call today to schedule a free, in-home consultation. (832) 610-9351