The professional consultants at Everest Siding And Windows are knowledgeable and equipped to assist you in deciding which products are best for your home. Your roof and siding are crucial parts of the foundation of your home. Proper roofing and siding maintenance add to the aesthetic beauty and value of your home. For your convenience, we offer a no obligation, on-site consultation for all projects. We offer the highest quality products on the market at very competitive prices. Finance options are also available for all your home improvement projects. To find out more about how you can save money on your energy bills with our products, contact us today!
How Do You Care For SmartSide Siding?
If you want to increase the longevity of your LP SmartSide Siding, it is important that each year you take the time to visually inspect your homes exterior to assess any wear and tear your siding may have endured over the past year. Like all things, siding will need periodic maintenance performed to keep it functional and aesthetically pleasing.
Below are some tips for helping you get the most out of your LP SmartSide Siding.
- Keep your siding clean and clear of dust and dirt build up. Wash the surface with a mild soap or white vinegar/ water mixture (1 part white vinegar and 3 parts water) and rinse well
- Refrain from using a pressure washer as the high-pressure washing will cause moisture intrusion as well as likely damage the paint and cause discoloration
- Avoid using harsh chemicals as this will damage your siding
- Touch up chips and small imperfections using a cotton swab to apply matching paint to the bare areas. Avoid over-applying paint or trying to spread it out.
- Make sure that your siding isn’t coming in constant contact with water. Some examples would be broken gutters that allow water to trickle down siding or sprinkler systems that are too close to your home
- If you discover caulking around the siding that has cracked or lost its seal, hire a professional contractor to fix the problem
Hiring a professional will ensure that your siding repairs are effective. Everest Siding And Windows specializes in LP SmartSide Siding. This is a green-friendly engineered wood siding alternative to cement fiber siding that offers enhanced curb appeal to your home. For fast, efficient siding installation services, contact Everest Siding and Windows today.